Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sugar Bowl Champs!

Late Thursday night I arrived home from New Orleans and what a trip it was! WE WON!! The University of Louisville's football team won the Sugar Bowl! Even though we were the underdogs in this game against Florida, we ended up winning 33-23. From start to finish, it was one of the most exciting games I have ever seen! So proud of this team, our city, and most importantly Scott :) 

We arrived in New Orleans (or as Louisville fans liked to refer to it as "LouOrleans") on Sunday, December 30th and enjoyed sightseeing and of course the infamous Bourbon Street. I had never been to this city before, but it sure was a lot of fun! 



On New Years Eve the team had curfew at 10:30 but I was able to see my love for a little bit before he had to be on lock down.


Bourbon Street was insane, especially with all of the red and black...and people yelling C-A-R-D-S every five seconds :)


Before the game, outside of the dome!



Scott looking good in warm-ups


Found my lovely friends Tamara and Perry at the game! GO CARDS!


Right after the game, celebrating our victory!




Scott laying on the field, taking it all in one last time...



After the game, back at the hotel - all of the fans greeting the players!! The whole lobby was PACKED


This game was absolutely incredible! I could not be more proud of the team and all of their hard work and dedication. They definitely deserved this win and I cold not be happier for them. It was bittersweet since it was Scott's final game, but it was definitely a great game to end on. I was filled with so many emotions - sad to see Scott's career as a college athlete end after four years, but also excited for him to move on in life and finally have a break from sports after all this time. It has definitely been a fun ride and one I will never forget. Go Cards and go #89! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment