Saturday, January 12, 2013

Teacher Crafts

All of break I had been planning on painting canvases for my two cooperating teachers that they could put in their classrooms.  I finally had time to make them this last week and decided I would give them to my teachers as belated Christmas presents. I used the following two pictures as inspiration...


canvas #1

canvas #2

To make the first one I needed:
-white, red, and black paint
-canvas
-paint brushes
-black ribbon
-hot glue gun

I started out by first painting the canvas black...

...then carefully tried to copy all of the letters...

...and finally I created a stencil for the mask, traced it on to the canvas, and painted it red

to finish it off I added a bow in the corner :) 

For canvas #2 I needed:
-white, grey, light green, and turquoise paint
-canvas
-paintbrushes
-green ribbon 
-hot glue gun

I first painted the entire canvas turquoise and after it dried I added the white chevron stripes (I was going for the imperfect look so I just painted them freehand, but if you wanted them to be perfectly straight, you could always trace them beforehand with a pencil)


next, I painted the words and decided painting an apple would be a nice little touch!

I also added a bow to this one to give it that finishing touch! 

Whenever I paint a canvas like these I always try and find something to copy it off of. It makes it SO much easier, especially if you have a font to look at when painting words. I am very happy with how they turned out and can't wait to give them to my teachers on Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment